Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Audition: Converting .wav files to .mp3: Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:58 AM

Hello.

I hope this is the right forum.

I use Audio Audition to convert .wav files to .mp3 files.

Problem 1: One .wav file was deemed corrupted so that Audio Audition could not convert it. In digging around the internet it looks like there are ways of possibly working with the data so that the corruption could be overcome. This is way beyond my ability. If I wanted to go to a commercial vendor for assistance what would that line of business be called so that I can start looking?

Problem 2: The last few times I've converted from .wav to .mp3 there is a definite decrease in volume. This is new. I am doing nothing different that I'm aware of. What could cause it?

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 22 November 2016 - 12:48 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Audio/Video Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:47 PM

FWIW:  The chkdks /r command is the only one that I know of...which may overcome data file corruption.  This dates back to the era of floppy disks...these typically could become corrupt at any time...and, at times, running the chkdsk /r command overcame this.

Are you referring to Adobe Audacity as "Audio Audacity"?

I've always considered the volume of converted music files...to be determined by volume used in the source recording.

Since Adobe Audacity is the made-over version of Cool Edit Pro (I still use Cool Edit 2K), then you should be able to adjust the volume of any converted music file as you desire, either before or after edit.

Louis

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for the reply.

This is more for a live event rather than high end music. The end result is an mp3 mono file. And this is Audio Audition, part of Creative Cloud.

Edited by Hal06, 22 November 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#4 dinotech-stjames

dinotech-stjames

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 02:28 AM

I have fixed corrupted WAV files with VLC before. As long as the corruption is minor and the audio is all there, here's how I do it.

1) Open VLC Media player and under Media menu -> Select Convert / Save
2) Drag and drop or open your corrupted WAV file
3) Convert/save as WAV again, thats it.

This somehow fixes missing headers or minor corruption problems as mentioned, but may not work on a file that is missing audio of course. Hopefully by fixing the corrupted WAV, you will be able to convert it properly.

I would also suggest to check out Audacity for converting files if you ever wish to try an alternative.

#5 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:47 AM

Thanks. If I were to seek professional help to whom would I turn? I don't think there's a Yellow Pages entry for wav to mp3 conversion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users