Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

black screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fcwe1113

fcwe1113

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:51 AM

sometime i mind my own business and suddenly everything went black and silent, and i have to hard reboot the pc

what happened?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

We already dealt with these problems here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613406/acpi-pcc-probe-failed/

Without knowing more, I think you should install 14.04.1, or Mint 17.1, KDE, Cinnamon or Mate would be nice if this is the i7 machine.  

Please post the outcome of this command

1. Open Terminal, Ctrl+alt+T should bring up Terminal.  If it don't just Open Menu and type Terminal, you will see the Terminal, click on it.

2. Copy Paste this Command into Terminal and Hit Enter.
inxi -Fz

3. Then Click “Edit” in upper Left of Terminal > “Select All” > Then “Edit” again > Click “Copy”.  
Then Click the "Code" Box, which looks like this “< >” at Top Middle of your Post and just Ctrl+V Pasting into the Code Box, or just into the Body your next Post. 

Edited by pcpunk, 22 November 2016 - 06:55 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users