Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kangaroo Decryption Software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 HIFU

HIFU

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:04 AM

How do I upload these files?

I have copied some encrypted files in a flash drive. How do I upload as I cannot see any button that allow me to do that.

HIFU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HIFU

HIFU
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:20 AM

Windows has encountered a critical problem and needs your immediate action to recover your data. The system access is locked and all the data have been encrypted to avoid the information be published or misused. You will not be able to access to your files and ignoring this message may cause the total loss of the data. We are sorry for the inconvenenience.

You have to contact the email below along with your Personal Identification ID to restore the data of your system.

Your Personal Identification ID: D3C097E3US

Email: kangarooencryption@mail.ru

You will have to order the Unlock-Password and the Kangaroo Decryption Software. All the instructions will be sent to you by email.

Example extension changed is   Terms & Conditions - AIS.pdf. Instructions_Data_Recovery.txt.Instructions_Data_Recovery

The above messages I received after clicking all my encrypted files.

Please excuse if I have not posted in the right place. Appreciate anyone could help.

Thanks
HIFU

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,780 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:56 AM

Samples of any encrypted files, ransom notes or suspicious executables (installer, malicious files, attachments) that you suspect were involved in causing the infection can be submitted here (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php?channel=168) with a link to this topic.

Kangaroo Ransomware is a variant of Apocalypse.

You can submit samples of encrypted files and ransom notes to ID Ransomware for assistance with identification and confirmation. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance. Uploading both encrypted files and ransom notes together provides a more positive match and helps to avoid false detections.

Fabian Wosar has released decrypters for Apocalypse and older variants of this infection but the cyber-criminals have fixed flaws and updated their malware so newer variants of this ransomware may not be decryptable.

There are ongoing discussions in these topics where you can ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in one of the above support topic discussion...it includes experiences by experts, a variety of IT consultants, end users and company reps who have been affected by ransomware infections. To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

If you need individual assistance only with removing the malware infection, follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide...all other questions or comments should be posted in the support topics. When you have done that, start a new topic and post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Thanks
The BC Staff

I merged and closed two other related topics. If you are confused by my instructions, please send me a PM.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users