Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 work fine on my HP?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:41 PM

Does Windows 10 anniversary work fine with any Intel first gen processors and video card? I was wondering if I should upgrade to Windows 10 since I have Windows 7 Pro now. 

Here are the specs of my notebook.

HP ProBook 6550b Notebook PC
Intel i5-460m 2.8gHz : 4GB DDR3 1066mHz : 320GB HDD 7200 RPM : Intel GMA HD or Intel HD Graphics 1.7GB VRAM
Wifi N type : Gigabit Ethernet LAN : PCI-Express card slot used for USB 3.0 : Windows 7 Pro 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

Windows 10 System Requirements --

CPU : 1 GHz or more

Memory: Minimum 2GB, recommended 4GB

Graphics card: WDDM 1.3 or higher

Storage: 32-bit 16GB, 64-bit 20GB

So it should work fine, as your PC meets the requirements. When you download Windows 10 media creation tool it will also check for PC compatibility before upgrading.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

It will "work" fine.

You may want to research some more and think about whether or not you want to do that though. There may be a changes to the way your system offers you media and the internet in general, as well as possible compatibility changes or issues with software you currently use.

Some people have found the change to Windows 10 great, many others have regretted it immensely.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

Also, it is no longer free for you to upgrade to Windows 10 unless you use "assistive technologies". (see here)

You may even want to set up Windows 10 as a virtual machine, to see if you like it or not.

#5 christianberg

christianberg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:59 AM

You got it 100% will work fine. I have a HP Pavilion dv6, Intel i3 2.53 GHz. And works well. The only problem is the battery. For some reason when the computer is running on battery, it starts to slow down terribly and after 10 minutes shuts down. I can't find the cause.

#6 christianberg

christianberg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:06 AM

by the way, can someone familiar with this problem and knows how to solve it? I would be very happy to help!

#7 joooneto

joooneto

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:33 AM

Yes, it works fine. But, what use do you make of the computer? Depending on the use, can happens slowness or even lockings. But, also, if works fine with the use you have today with Windows 7, this won't happen.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

by the way, can someone familiar with this problem and knows how to solve it? I would be very happy to help!

You need to start your won topic.  Seeking assistance in another member's topic is known as pirating.  It usually causes confusion because of the two different issue and both members suffer as a result.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

Windows 10 Pro runs very smoothly on my notebook better than Windows 7 so I' am glad I upgraded. Also this is faster than any $250 or maybe $300 notebooks I saw sold today at Best Buy for example. I actually wonder how good this i5 was since mine must been high end although it did cost $800 back in 2011. It might be better than any i3 today. It also was the later version of the i5 first gen so goes up to 2.8Ghz. But one problem is that Jurassic Park Builder in Facebook doesn't display right. Basicaly the screens flashes and items don't appear right. Does anyone have this problem? My other games so far are working like WoW, Guild Wars 2, StarCraft II, etc. Only problem so far is Facebook Jurassic Park Builder game I play.

Edited by DallasPikachu, 23 November 2016 - 10:47 PM.

#10 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:05 PM

Both IE and Edge doesn't display right on Windows 10 for some reason. On Windows 7 I didn't have this problem for Jurassic Park Builder on Facebook strange.

#11 DallasPikachu

DallasPikachu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:57 PM

I attched a pic of how my game looks like and you see it's strange. Is it my video drivers? If so how can I get the latest driver for Intel GMA HD or Intel HD? On Intel's site they only show for Windows 7 and on HP for my model only has Windows 7. HP said they won't make any drivers for Windows 10 on my notebook. Or should I reinstall drivers from HP and use compatability mode? Right now I see Microsoft put a drivers that is not from my OEM driver so it might be generic drivers not from Intel also.

Or is it Windows 10 that has the problem?

Thank you

Jurassic%20Park%20Builder%20problem_zpsl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users