You do not need to quote the previous posts.
You didn't post if you had tried booting into Safe Mode or not. If you did, does the problem persists there? This is important, please respond to this.
The first thing I noticed is that the temperatures are too high. The CPU is reading at 65C, the motherboard at 70C, and the integrated graphics is at 51C. I would suggest using a canned duster (proper term for canned air) and blow out the insides through the vents.
The S.M.A.R.T. attributes have me a little concerned about your hdd. Please download and run SeatTools for Windows.
Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.
Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.
1. SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer. Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.
2. Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found. Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on. This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.
3. You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options. Please click on Long Generic Test
4. This will start the scan. When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.
5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail. Post the results of the scan in your topic.
6. Click on Help, then click on View Log File. If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.
Why do you have the antivirus disabled? I hope you are not under the impression that Windows Defender is a antivirus, it is antimalware software. You need a antivirus to be installed and running.