Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen flickering while playing games.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RobertMaior

RobertMaior

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

Hello my name is Robert and I am searching for an answer to this problem for a long time but hopeless.

My laptop screen is doing so: ofnhhl.jpg

I tried to connect to an another monitor to increase my Refresh Rate but the same..please help :( .

I'll attach my DxDiag log. Thank you! Attached File  DxDiag.txt   36.9KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 castletech

castletech

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:27 AM

Hi Robert ,

Looks like a problem with your video card, not much you can do on a laptop :(

Just a couple of questions though;

Does it do this every time?

Does it make any difference if you try moving the screen backwards and forwards ie: like your going to close it.

-Charles

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

You can uninstall the driver, using Device Manager, then reboot.  Do not use the update option for the driver, uninstall it.

You can also boot into safe mode and see if the problem remains.

Louis

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:09 PM

This could be driver related.  If this is the case you can boot into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists.  Safe Mode uses a limited number of drivers and applications.  The graphics driver used in Safe Mode is a native Windows driver, not the driver your graphics would normally use.  Because of this it's a pretty good bet that the problem is driver related if it doesn't occur in Safe Mode.

At this point we don't know the make or model of this computer, so we don't know what graphics you are using.  If this is a dedicated graphics card the drivers will not be found in the Device Manager.  For instance, if a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card is used the drivers will be found in the Programs and Features in the Control Panel.  In order to be more effective in helping you please post the make and model of this computer and provide the requested Speccy Snapshot below.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 RobertMaior

RobertMaior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:02 AM

Hi Robert ,

Looks like a problem with your video card, not much you can do on a laptop :(

Just a couple of questions though;

Does it do this every time?

Does it make any difference if you try moving the screen backwards and forwards ie: like your going to close it.

-Charles

Yes it does the same every time since I've got this laptop.

No, there is no difference..

This could be driver related.  If this is the case you can boot into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists.  Safe Mode uses a limited number of drivers and applications.  The graphics driver used in Safe Mode is a native Windows driver, not the driver your graphics would normally use.  Because of this it's a pretty good bet that the problem is driver related if it doesn't occur in Safe Mode.

At this point we don't know the make or model of this computer, so we don't know what graphics you are using.  If this is a dedicated graphics card the drivers will not be found in the Device Manager.  For instance, if a NVIDIA GeForce graphics card is used the drivers will be found in the Programs and Features in the Control Panel.  In order to be more effective in helping you please post the make and model of this computer and provide the requested Speccy Snapshot below.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/28GaDcscbLL1RciRBW8KGNe

EDIT:  hamluis, I tried that but no result.

Edited by RobertMaior, 23 November 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:59 AM

You do not need to quote the previous posts.

You didn't post if you had tried booting into Safe Mode or not.  If you did, does the problem persists there?  This is important, please respond to this.

The first thing I noticed is that the temperatures are too high.  The CPU is reading at 65C, the motherboard at 70C, and the integrated graphics is at 51C.  I would suggest using a canned duster (proper term for canned air) and blow out the insides through the vents.

The S.M.A.R.T. attributes have me a little concerned about your hdd.  Please download and run SeatTools for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

seatools4_zpsd7balf76.png

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Why do you have the antivirus disabled?  I hope you are not under the impression that Windows Defender is a antivirus, it is antimalware software.  You need a antivirus to be installed and running.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users