Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome New Tab is redirected to Bing and won't let me change to Google?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ktang200

ktang200

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

EDIT: [SOLVED]

I just updated my Windows 10 Acer Aspire this morning, and ever since then, Google Chrome has been bugging out for some reason. Firstly, it keeps redirecting me to Bing even when I try to change it to Google, it won't let me. Examples here:

I checked my extensions and and programs to find anything unwanted and found nothing there. 

I also did an MBAM and ADWCleaner scans. MBAM found nothing, while ADWCleaner found some adware and cleaned it, it didn't help my program. The log for ADWCleaner can be found below. I have been stuck on ways to solve my problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Spoiler

Edited by ktang200, 21 November 2016 - 04:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ktang200

ktang200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

This problem is now solved. 

I used this program:

https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

And it reset Chrome for me and it all worked out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users