Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hi all new member here with a dodgy windows 7 pc arrrggghhhhh !!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noey

noey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

hello i  have an issue with my computer, every time i try to use it i get a message saying , REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT MEDIA IN SELCTED  BOOT DEVICE,, so i bought another hard drive to test it and i keep getting the same message,but the post man or who ever deliverd it rammed it thru the letter box with a bit of gusto and it missed my catch basket attachted to this side of the door and hit the floor, so when i installed it i do get the same message, now ive tried all the you tube stuff ans none of it works, with my original hard drive in the computer i tried upgrading from xp to win 7 and thats when problems started ! however i do hve a spare hard drive 225 gig sata  all working properly but no winsows on it at all so i do no now b4 i even put it in rhe problem will still be there waiting to annoy me pfffttt!!  so besides having a word with it with a hammer   has any body got an idea what it could be ??? thanks for looking and allowing me to join ,,, cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

I would test both hard drives, using the manufacturer's hard drive diagnostic.  Run the long/extended test on each, using the DOS versions of the diagnostic.

Louis

#3 noey

noey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

thanks hamluis i have seen you mention some thing very much the same in another post , i have downloaded an iso will try tomorrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users