Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove data collector Truthfinder from Google

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bestfree

Bestfree

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:46 AM

Hi Bleeping Computer. Com.

Please excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong section. Our personal information has been put out by data collector "Truthfinder" on Google.  How do we remove this?  They have an opt-out form, but people who have used this say they then received 25X more spam!
Thank you for helping us with this alarming and frustration problem.

Edited by hamluis, 21 November 2016 - 10:31 AM.
Moved from MRL to Privacy Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

What makes you think your personal info has been collected by Truthfinder? Did you receive an email from them or what?

Seems this is more of scam than not. I found some reviews for Truthfinder. Whatever you do...do not attempt to pay them to remove any info. All, if anything

they have...unless you gave them some info....is what is readily available doing simple searches.

One site with reviews......TruthFinder, Inc. Reviews - Outscam.com

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Bestfree

Bestfree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:05 AM

Hi BC Adviser,

Thank you for your response on personal data-collection businesses on Google.

I had seen that advice, and decided to call the BBB.  A recorded message said THEY ---the BBB---had been hacked, and urge people not to click on certain BBB e-mail messages.  I'm now in touch with my state attorney general.

I appreciate you taking time to try to help me sort through this problem.

Sincerely,

Ron

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:13 AM

You're welcome....

Just a bit of advice...NEVER open an email sent from unknown sender. NEVER click on a link in an email...always copy it and enter it in a search such as Google.

NEVER open an attachment unless you have confirmed from the sender what it contains. If you open a spammer's email it will often notify the spammer that

you opened it and the spammer will send more spam.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users