Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help :(

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 KimiOssaymay

KimiOssaymay

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

My Cpu with no load is at 50 Degrees but whenever i try to scan my C:Drive with most antiviruses it jumps to 100 and crashes 

My Specs are 

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00 GHz

16GB Ram 

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 Motherboard

4gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

232GB Samsung SSD 
oh and i almost forgot im using the Kraken x61 to cool my cpu so im confused as to why its going too 100 degrees and dying :< 
any help would be greatly appreciated i suspect that its a rootkit but have no solid evidence

Edited by KimiOssaymay, 20 November 2016 - 10:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

My Cpu with no load is at 50 Degrees but whenever i try to scan my C:Drive with most antiviruses it jumps to 100 and crashes 

My Specs are 

Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00 GHz

16GB Ram 

ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 Motherboard

4gb NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

232GB Samsung SSD 
oh and i almost forgot im using the Kraken x61 to cool my cpu so im confused as to why its going too 100 degrees and dying :< 
any help would be greatly appreciated i suspect that its a rootkit but have no solid evidence

Hi

Crash you mean you gotten BSOD or??

Please advise.

Thanks.

#3 KimiOssaymay

KimiOssaymay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

BSOD and sometimes just restarts :o ( the restarts are generally Kernal 41 errors) 

#4 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

BSOD and sometimes just restarts :o ( the restarts are generally Kernal 41 errors) 

Hi.

In that case, please  attach your BSOD minidump here so that we can extract and analyze it before proposing a solution.

Please follow the guide and steps on how to post a BSOD report.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

#5 KimiOssaymay

KimiOssaymay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:07 PM

I could not get the perfmon to work it kept coming with this 

Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The Data Collector Set or one of its dependencies is already in use.

Attached Files

#6 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:23 PM

I could not get the perfmon to work it kept coming with this 

Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The Data Collector Set or one of its dependencies is already in use.

Hi,

Please refrain from using multiples of anti-malware software and antivirus software in case of a software crash.

You may want to start it from removing Emisoft or SUPER AntiSpyWare as your first step.

P.S I'm currently at work now, I will diagnose your BSOD and revert back when I have more information.

Thanks.

#7 KimiOssaymay

KimiOssaymay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:27 PM

I had only bit-defender a few days ago but it kept crashing so i installed these two .

* something kept disabling bit-defender every-time i restarted my pc*

Edited by KimiOssaymay, 20 November 2016 - 11:28 PM.

#8 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:43 PM

I had only bit-defender a few days ago but it kept crashing so i installed these two .

* something kept disabling bit-defender every-time i restarted my pc*

Hi,

Hmmm, either a virus/trojan is causing this issue or something went wrong with the registry. Nevertheless, you may want to try the following :

- Eradicate those 2 anti-malware software and install the following -> Malwarebytes or Spybot Search and Destroy.
- Try to checking windows 10 image by use SFC and if corrupted files are found, you can proceed the following steps from -> http://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image
- Update all your devices using driver verifier

Thanks.

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:05 AM

Hi KimiOssaymay

Please don't install Spybot. It is not what it used to be, the technology has dated. Also, Malwarebytes free does not provide pro-active protection either, it is a run on demand scanner.

Emisoft and SUPER AntiSpyWare do not conflict. They are a different class of program and are not likely related to your issue. There is no need to uninstall them.

As your PC is idling hot and then overheating quickly whenever used intensively the problem is likely due to old/incorrectly applied thermal paste, or a fault in your cooling system. I suggest you re-apply your thermal paste first and see if the issue resolves.

BitDefender being disabled automatically is an issue, but I don't think it is the same issue you are asking about here.

#10 KimiOssaymay

KimiOssaymay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:55 AM

Doing a full system scan with malwarebytes right now will keep you updated on the progress 

#11 KimiOssaymay

KimiOssaymay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:05 AM

TsVk!

i re-applied some Ceramique 2 this morning as i thought it was because of the thermal paste but the CPU temps are still the same :<  

Also with the bit-defender and a a few other anti-spyware it only crashed my pc when i scanned the C drive :<

---------------------------------

Malwarebytes Scan still ongoing 

I have the premium trial for 13 days 

Will do another SFC , and see what i can do about the Driver verifier

Thank you to  JinXiang91 and TsVk for taking the time to try and assist me during this process i am very grateful :D   i hope i can find the cause of this incident soon 

Edited by KimiOssaymay, 21 November 2016 - 01:10 AM.

#12 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:24 AM

TsVk!

i re-applied some Ceramique 2 this morning as i thought it was because of the thermal paste but the CPU temps are still the same :<  

Also with the bit-defender and a a few other anti-spyware it only crashed my pc when i scanned the C drive :<

Malwarebytes Scan still ongoing 

I have the premium trial for 13 days 

Will do another SFC , and see what i can do about the Driver verifier

Thank you to  JinXiang91 and TsVk for taking the time to try and assist me during this process i am very grateful :D   i hope i can find the cause of this incident soon 

Hi 

Let's just keep our fingers cross and wait for the report.

I notice you have alot of errors on USER_ESRV_SVC_WILLAMETTE under the event viewer log. Which It is Intel® Energy Checker. You might want to disable it for startup since it's not really necessary.

Thanks.

#13 KimiOssaymay

KimiOssaymay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:47 AM

JinXiang91 
could you tell me how to disable that ? 

#14 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

JinXiang91 
could you tell me how to disable that ? 

Hi,

You can disable it via Task Manager (Startup Tab) or you can go to msconfig, under services to disable them.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

#15 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:48 AM

I'm not aware of any software issue that will cause your machine to overheat quickly like it is doing, not since the Pentium CPU.

I believe the issue is hardware related. As you have reapplied your thermal paste I am beginning to thing your cooling system is not working correctly.

Let's try to rule out/ confirm what we can.

acucz8_th.jpg Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Last 10 events
  • List devices - only problems

Click Go and copy and paste the results into your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users