Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox typing in about.support takes me to time warner website

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 leis

leis

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

I recently downloaded and have been using firefox and updated to the current version as far as I can tell, and when following the link that i was provided in another topic, to set preferences by opening new tab and/or at other time i was doing it ok by options and then typing in the commands and today for whatever reason, when i type in about.support it takes me every time to Time Warner website. That's my ISP but where does the trigger go wrong when i'm on the Firefox optional or new tab (in general) to follow through five steps to enhance preferences based from a link to follow?? If there is any suggestions or ideas in this kind of twisted about spot i sort of got in, thanks for your help and/or ideas, suggestions, etc...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Hi:

Try: "about:support" (without the quotes).

In other words, it's a "colon", not a "period".

You can also get there from the Firefox menu button > "Help" > "Troubleshooting Information".

Cheers,

MM

P.S. Why did you post this in the Security Software forum??? This seems more like a Browser issue?  <just curious>

Edited by MoxieMomma, 20 November 2016 - 09:00 PM.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

try

about:support

not

about.support

notice difference between ":" and "."

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

snap, MM...

#5 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:10 PM

LOL

"By a whisker..."

Great minds think alike.

MM

#6 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

Oh woo... dah  Well, you found my next topic in the what-Forum(?) that's Strike 2...as you mentioned and I must admit I don't have a good answer why the topic is in this forum, I presumed I was in the same forum as my last ... topic, that, now that I think of it, there wasn't an actual confirmation that I was at that same place. Maybe I got ahead a little just as in the first place, when I thought I saw one period but actually as you point out in the given answer and Thanks (BTW) there's a double period bunk-bed or 2 story period or just plain : colon.      :)  If all the answers were on Easy Street like this one, the Bleeping may get too yawning.

But Thanks again! And now that this is concluded, I shall adjourn our meeting and this topic's resolved with a nice MM Thank ya*

L e i s

p.s.    If in the future (like tomorrow or as soon as (even, maybe) where might I topic my FireFox questionables if they are of greater significance or that is, after a diligent try that i might find myself asking about  in  the appropriate forum-but 1st as I'm reconsidering the question, depending upon, of course, the issue, but of general, or you know what--i need to at this point apply a little elbow grease and make up for this kind of elementary ... passing and I'll put the wheels on 1st and then go.  :)

Bye 4 Now!

#7 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

Thanks

s                 

V