Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen with cursor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cymac

cymac

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

Two weeks ago I had my computer left running and when I went to use it the PC had locked up and there was a strange screen which I can't recall now. I rebooted it and ever since it has been freezing up. After running it a while the flashing black screen comes on with a flashing cursor in the top left corner. I have to reboot again and everything still freezes up every couple of minutes. The mouse moves but you can't click on anything. Playing a song on media player it freezes at least three times before the song is complete. I tried going back to Last Known Good Configuration, Malwarebytes, Tweaking.com Windows Repair, Paretologic RegCure, Spybot and Microsoft Security Essentials. It is still happening. I am desperate. Nothing works. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Service Pack1

Manufacturer: Biostar

Processor: AMD Athlon ™II X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHz

Installed memory: 12GB

System type: 64 bit system

I am not sure if the hard drive is crashing or malware is taking over. I have searched the internet for a cure but can't find the answer. I probably have made it worse instead of better. Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JinXiang91

JinXiang91

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

Two weeks ago I had my computer left running and when I went to use it the PC had locked up and there was a strange screen which I can't recall now. I rebooted it and ever since it has been freezing up. After running it a while the flashing black screen comes on with a flashing cursor in the top left corner. I have to reboot again and everything still freezes up every couple of minutes. The mouse moves but you can't click on anything. Playing a song on media player it freezes at least three times before the song is complete. I tried going back to Last Known Good Configuration, Malwarebytes, Tweaking.com Windows Repair, Paretologic RegCure, Spybot and Microsoft Security Essentials. It is still happening. I am desperate. Nothing works. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate

Service Pack1

Manufacturer: Biostar

Processor: AMD Athlon ™II X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHz

Installed memory: 12GB

System type: 64 bit system

I am not sure if the hard drive is crashing or malware is taking over. I have searched the internet for a cure but can't find the answer. I probably have made it worse instead of better. Please help

Hi

You might want to backup your files before doing a reformat to see whether the problem persisted.

Thanks.

#3 APKing7

APKing7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:39 AM

Your MSE and Malwarebytes might be conflicting. Try booting in Safe Mode and excluding all of these Malwarebytes processes from Microsoft Security Essentials.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamapi.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\mbae.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\mbae-svc.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\mbae-cli.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Managed Client\SCComm.exe

More information can be found here:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/190771-malwarebytes-and-microsoft-security-essentials-conflicts/?page=2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users