Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

phone frozen on black screeen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:29 PM

My Motorola moto e second generation phone is frozen on the black screen. I'm unable to power it off and the battery isn't removable. Does anyone know of any combination buttons to use to power off my phone. I use to have a phone and was able to power it off by using the power key plus volume key. If you can help I"m greatly appreciative.  By the way its fully charged so it wont be dying any time soon :(

Edit: Moved topic from Cell Phones to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,381 posts
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:09 PM

Take a look here: Reset my device - Moto E 2nd Generation

First line is:

There are several ways to reset the device:

A forced restart, which may resolve an unresponsive or blank display and does not remove any saved information

It then goes on to explain how to do so. And other measures if the first step is not successful.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users