Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Raid 0 problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wilson187

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:41 PM

I have a raid 0 set up at the minute consisting of 2 x samsung 850 evo ssds. These drives are my c:, theye are my boot volume with operating systems installed on them. Until recently everything was fine.

I plugged in a front USB and turned the computer on and it did not boot into the OS. It took me the bios where it did not show my raid volume in boot device priority, but by using the 'boot override menu' my raid volume (c:) was visible and it allowed me to boot to it manually.

In an attempt to fix this I tried using the raid menu in the bios and the only drives visible are the other 2 in the system and the raid volume is no longer present in the boot override menu, however the 2 drives that make the raid volume are present in the sata connections in the bios and the raid menu recognises my raid volume.

Is there any way to get my system back to the way it was?

My motherboard is asus z170 pro gaming, Intel i5-6600

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users