Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows app tiles have small white circle with an x in lower right corner.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JimSid

JimSid

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

I have just finished cleaning some malware from my asus laptop running windows 8.1 in the malware forum. After running Tweaking.coms windows repair tool this problem with The tiles on my start page happened. I tried rerunning the repair tool but it did not work. Microsofts support page recommends updating the apps thru the Microsoft store app but my store app stopped working about a year ago. I did speak with a Microsoft support rep at that time and his suggestion would have caused me to lose all my data and start over. The Microsoft store app was not that important to me, so I decided against it as everything else still seemed to be working fine. All my app tiles still work except the live tile aspect.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:02 AM

Sounds like things may improve if you run a restore health using DISM tool.

Open cmd prompt as admin (right click on Windows start to see that option)

and then enter this

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth   

It may take a while and can stay at 20% for a while.

Restart afterwards.

#3 JimSid

JimSid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Unfortunately, It did not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users