Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitot goes to black (with white stripe) after boot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Juc70

Juc70

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

So when I start my computer (prebuilt acer predator g3620) i get into this windows loading screen with the acer logo on top, then when it finishes loading it goes to black with this white horizontal line, all the usb devices still work and tapping the power button starts shutting down the system.

I saw this youtube about fixing this by tapping esc on boot and when doing that it goes to another screen with "American meggatrends" logo and after that to black screen with the windows logo and the white line.

Some pictures about this:
http://iob.imgur.com/uYGg/jQRTajkMsy

Im on windows 10
Have i3-3220 and gtx 660

This happens with both of my monitors and with hdmi cable and dvi to hdmi cable

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:32 PM

I am thinking memory or motherboard issue.  First thing I would do is take case off, and clean our all dust if any, take out memory, replace very carefully back into slots.  Is it a video card?  Take off, and replace.  Also check all cables.  Don't just look at them, make sure everything is seated properly, and securely.

#3 Juc70

Juc70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

There's really no dust in there and checked all the cables and none is loose. Took out and replaced graphics card too, no luck there either

All fans (ps, graphics card and cpu) are working if thats any use for you.

Pic from inside the pc
https://imgur.com/a/i5JQJ

Edited by Juc70, 21 November 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#4 Juc70

Juc70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:09 PM

Sooo my pc boots fine without graphics card installed in the motherboard, soo should i assume that the problem is in the graphics card?

#5 Juc70

Juc70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

Well did bunch of stuff and works better now than it did before it went dead

#6 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

Sooo my pc boots fine without graphics card installed in the motherboard, soo should i assume that the problem is in the graphics card?

That is definitely what it sounds like. Good thing you have built in graphics you can use until you buy new card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users