Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build and a BSOD due to a external error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZenWhite

ZenWhite

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

After completing my new build pretty much everything worked well. I could boot into BIOS, my fans were turning on, GPU was working, motherboard working, and my SATA ports were working too. When I try to use my HDD to boot up I get a BSOD error of 0x7B which leads to something messed up externally. I've checked with 2 different HDDs that are both in good condition and used to boot up fine. My SATA ports are fine because my disk reader works perfectly as it can read disks and open and close. I've tried reseating the RAM, exchange sticks, and rewired the whole PC pretty much. I also tried to flash the drive with DBan but I had an error of the HDD cannot be accessed so I switched SATA power cables and SATA cables themselves, no luck at all. I have no idea where to go from here.

Motherboard: H110m-A

Edited by ZenWhite, 20 November 2016 - 12:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

Perhaps...your install media is the problem, not the system.

What version of Windows are you attempting to install?  Is the media a valid Windows install disk?

Louis

#3 chris6793

chris6793

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

Im gonna go with hamluis on this one and say it sounds like a media issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users