Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im Not Sure if im Infected

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Awsomethesecond

Awsomethesecond

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:25 AM

So a day ago i reset my computer because it would net let me update things and some other things. Im usually very secure i have Avast premiere, and Malwarebytes. I doubt im infected, because i just reset my hard drive, but in Google Chrome and even Edge when i search something the page goes blank, then after trying a few times it works, but then clicking on a result, the page will go blank. Also, i have been trying to download things like directx because i cant run my games because im missing dlls, and its saying its missing a cabinet file. Also, trying to download other things, and it doesnt work if it does download, or it says its corrupted and wont open, i really dont feel like resseting again, but i will if i must.

EDIT: Also, before ressetting i was experiencing "Your PC ran into a error and needs to restart BSOD" whenever running MalwareBytes"

Edited by Awsomethesecond, 20 November 2016 - 09:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

Hi, let's try these...

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
cvMlKv6.pngESET Online Scanner
  • Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
  • Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
  • Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
  • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click Start to begin scanning.
  • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
  • When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
  • Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
  • Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Awsomethesecond

Awsomethesecond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hi, let's try these...

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox

• Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP configuration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
cvMlKv6.pngESET Online Scanner
  • Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
  • Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
  • Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
  • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click Start to begin scanning.
  • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
  • When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
  • Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
  • Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.

Minitoolbox is having a error regarding my computer not having a dll when opening the setup. Should i continue with the rest of your steps?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Yes
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Awsomethesecond

Awsomethesecond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:43 PM

Yes

Ok well something is obvoiusly wrong with my internet or computer... none of the downloads are working, as if they are all corrupted, like they dont have icon pictures and there is always a start error...

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

oK, this could be a more serious infection.
I want to open a new topic so we can clean this safely.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

#7 Awsomethesecond

Awsomethesecond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:23 AM

oK, this could be a more serious infection.
I want to open a new topic so we can clean this safely.
Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

Could not run FRST... default icon, Do u think its possible that my computers files are just corrupted, i dont know if i should just reset it. Also, something else has been happening, when i turn on my computer (laptop with good specs) half of the time the screen is just lit up, but nothing happening. Then i have to force shut it down, and then

most of the time it will show the logo, but it takes WAY longer to load then the usual 2-3 second time i used to have before my reset

Edited by Awsomethesecond, 22 November 2016 - 06:50 AM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:14 AM

YOu can try running this..

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair All-In-One (Portable)

- Download Windows Repair All-In-One (Portable Version) from here.

- Extract tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio.zip to your Desktop.

- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
- Right click on QfBzvq1.png and select Run as Administrator (XP users just double click) to start Windows Repair All-In-One.
(Windows Vista/7/8 users: Accept UAC warning if it is enabled.)

- A window will appear. Click Step 2.
2f8o60N.png

- Click the Open Pre-Scan button, then click Start Scan. Wait for Windows Repair to finish scanning.

- Depending on which error Windows Repair found, click Repair Reparse Point or Repair Environment Variable accordingly. When the button changes to "Done!", click the close button to return to Windows Repair.

- Go to Step 3, then click Check in the See If Check Disk Is Needed.

- If Windows Repair stated that errors are found, click Open Check Disk At Next Boot. Choose (/R) Fixes errors on the disk also locate bad sectors and recovers readable information, then click Add To Next Boot. Reboot the computer to let Windows check the disk.
Ymy7crZ.png

- Go to Step 4, then click Do It.
zDtdN75.png

- Go to Step 5. Under System Restore click Create.
f7lEe1N.png

- Go to Repairs and click Open Repairs. Leave all checkmarks as they are, then click Start Repairs.
PGv2vtD.png

- By default Windows Repair All-In-One will create a "Logs" folder in its folder on the Desktop. Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.

#9 Awsomethesecond

Awsomethesecond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

- Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
- Right click on QfBzvq1.png and select Run as Administrator (XP users just double click) to start Windows Repair All-In-One.

2f8o60N.png

- Click the Open Pre-Scan button, then click Start Scan. Wait for Windows Repair to finish scanning.

- Depending on which error Windows Repair found, click Repair Reparse Point or Repair Environment Variable accordingly. When the button changes to "Done!", click the close button to return to Windows Repair.

- If Windows Repair stated that errors are found, click Open Check Disk At Next Boot. Choose (/R) Fixes errors on the disk also locate bad sectors and recovers readable information, then click Add To Next Boot. Reboot the computer to let Windows check the disk.
Ymy7crZ.png

zDtdN75.png

f7lEe1N.png

- Go to Repairs and click Open Repairs. Leave all checkmarks as they are, then click Start Repairs.
PGv2vtD.png

- By default Windows Repair All-In-One will create a "Logs" folder in its folder on the Desktop. Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.

Ok im gonnat ry using a personal hotspot and see if that changes anything

#10 Awsomethesecond

Awsomethesecond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:51 PM

2f8o60N.png

Ymy7crZ.png

zDtdN75.png

f7lEe1N.png

PGv2vtD.png

Ok im gonnat ry using a personal hotspot and see if that changes anything

When extracting it said checksum error, and the archive is corrupted, should i just reset my computer?

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

Hi, if by reset you mean reinstall, probably yes as there are a lot of system errors.

#12 Awsomethesecond

Awsomethesecond
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

Hi, if by reset you mean reinstall, probably yes as there are a lot of system errors.

Ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users