Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10/Automatic Repair Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Supergirl73

Supergirl73

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:43 PM

Hi!  I have been using my mom's Dell inspiron laptop with no issues...all of a sudden, it won't start up properly.  I get a blue screen that says Automatic Repair  Your PC did not start correctly with the options of restart and advanced options.  I've tried everything I can think of, including using a system restore point (didn't work).....doing the power button off and on a few times with refreshing the computer...the result just being this same screen.  Can anyone help.  I am completely at a loss.  Thank you so much in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hi,

Do you have any win 10 installation media that you can boot up the computer with to help running the repair process?  Also under advanced options when you run the repair what if any error error message do you get?

Thanks

Stebe

#3 Supergirl73

Supergirl73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

I do not have any installation media to help with bootup....just upgraded under the threat of "upgrade now for free or else"....under advanced options, I get Continue (Exit and Continue to Windows 10--which doesn't work), Troubleshoot (Reset your PC---which doesn't work, I tried--; See Advanced Options), or Turn off Your PC. 

#4 Supergirl73

Supergirl73
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

I just realized I read this wrong....so sorry!  When I run the repair....it doesn't fix it.  Diagnoses, checks the disk for errors....brings me back to the beginning, saying "Startup Repair" - Windows couldn't load correctly.  Offers system restore, which I tried with no results.  I went through every option available and nothing worked.  I end up back to the blue screen every time. 

Edited by Supergirl73, 20 November 2016 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users