Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greeting And Hello

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smb7777777

smb7777777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:50 AM

Hi all,

I found this useful bit of software called Hijackthis but it seems to need a database or at least a list of what is spyware/malware/whatever and I heard this forum is good for knowledge sharing so I thought (this is probably been already done) but an area where colleagues can post 'findings' might be a good idea.

Personally, this is my job of trying to fix PC's and servers so anything/place that helps will get my vote!!

Hope I can help you as vice versa

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

HJT will provide a diagnostic tool that permits examination of certain entries with the purpose of finding malware. While there are "automated" applications that will interpret the report HJT generates, these tend to be superficial and will not catch the more sophisticated instances.
For this reason, BC has a highly trained ,volunteer team of malware experts that will not only analyse the log, but will also work with the poster to get rid of the malware.

May I direct your attention to the BC Tutorial about the HJT log:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

as well as the instruction guide for posting a log here at BC:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Welcome to BC, a great user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users