Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BIOS Not Booting Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gavsters

Gavsters

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:11 PM

Hi, I have been having major problems which I have not been able to fix for a while now due to lack of time but I have decided to try and look into it to see if I am able to fix it.  My computer started out with constant blue screening a few months back every time I clicked something, I actually made a thread about it but was not able to resolve the problem.  About a month ago or a bit longer, it decided to stop booting my Windows 10 OS, I was able to just load the BIOS and select the boot option but now it has completely stopped work. It turns on, the BIOS starts up but then it doesn't lead anywhere or freezes, it does not allow me to even click to load the BIOS system management as well.  Anyone know how I could start to resolve this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

Hi,

Do you have your win 10 installation media to hand to boot with?  Is it a laptop or desktop?  If desktop do you have a spare hard drive to try and boot from?  

Steve

#3 Gavsters

Gavsters
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:17 PM

I bought my Windows 10 online so I downloaded it online without a disc or any other external device. It's a desktop computer. The only other hard drive I have is an external USB hard drive but my computer does not let me onto the system management on BIOS to boot any drives or external drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users