Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Went to a hacked website, am I okay?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kyogrey

kyogrey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

I went to a popular website that was unfortunately the victim of hacking. The hosts are still in the process of getting the website back up and running and I went to the website days after the website was hacked so I imagine they would have cleared out anything that might have been on the website, but this thought isn't calming my OCD.

I have scanned my Windows 10 PC with Malwarebytes, adwcleaner, ccleaner, Windows Defender and Avira anti-virus free version (I installed and ran Avira after I scanned with Windows Defender and Avira is currently my main and only virus protection program) and everything looks good, but I can't shake the feeling that something could be wrong. Have I done enough to be relatively sure I'm safe? Sorry if this topic isn't usual for the forum, I know you are volunteers and your answers are greatly appreciated.

Edited by kyogrey, 19 November 2016 - 05:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:29 PM

I can relate!  For the next few days, simply do everything you normally do the way you normally do those things.  IF anything seems "out of sorts", seems "not normal", make a detailed note of that something and post it here.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 kyogrey

kyogrey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

I can relate!  For the next few days, simply do everything you normally do the way you normally do those things.  IF anything seems "out of sorts", seems "not normal", make a detailed note of that something and post it here.

Thank for the reply, I guess I should have mentioned this in the main post, but I actually went to this website several days ago and have been looking out for how my computer is acting over the past few days. The only thing that is abnormal is that Malwarebytes which usually takes my computer 1 hour and 30 minutes to run if I do a custom scan and select all of the options now takes my computer 3 hours or so, however I have ran this program several times in the past few days and it only started taking longer to run a day or two ago and this was after I had already ran Malwarebytes several times since visiting the website.

Edited by kyogrey, 19 November 2016 - 05:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users