Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lostsoul65

lostsoul65

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

I went to amazon.com where I buy all my computer stuff and I can't figure out which monitor to get. It's a LG 32 inch 1080X1920 and one is for $189 with a list price of $299 and one is $199 and I think the list price is $199. The one for $199 has 8 connections in the back and the one for $189 has 4 connections. I can't figure out which one is the best one. Then it has a warranty for 1 year so is it worth $15 for another 2 years? It's a confusing mess for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:32 PM

Get the model numbers for these two monitors and then google for specs and reviews on both.

So long as they both have the connectors you wish to use then I would not think the number of connctions is all that important.

Chris cosgrove

#3 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

https://www.amazon.com/LG-32MA68HY-...rs&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin:3547808011
https://www.amazon.com/LG-32MP58HQ-...rs&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin:3547808011

If I ever want to use this monitor in the future I should buy the one with the USB ports?

#4 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

Do Computer monitors take AC or DC in this day and age? All I see are DC. Have they stop using AC?

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

Almost all monitors now use external PSUs supplying low voltage DC. It enables the monitors to have very thin casings, and it's easy to replace the PSU if it fails, rather than having to have the monitor repaired or throwing it out.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:11 PM

Are all the monitors Gloss because I can't seem to get a 32 inch matted screen. Even when the manufacture says it's matted and people using them say it's gloss. I've spent hours researching these monitors and I still come up short.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users