Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Glary Utilities must be reinstalled each time I run it

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CRBlair

CRBlair

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

I run Windows 10 on a Lenovo G700. I use a number of utilities for system upkeep, including Glary Utilities 5, which has always served me well, but lately I've been having an odd problem with it and only it. When I try to run it, whether through a link or from the startmenu, nothing happens--absolutely nothing that indicates thyat the program is running. I have to go to the website and download a new cdopy before I can use it. This has been happening for several weeks, and I don't know what's wrong. I haven't made any serious changes to my system (except to install and the unstall a couple of programs. Also, sfc shows no problems. What's haywire here?

Roger Blair

crogerblair@hotmail.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

Are you using this program to delete registry values if you are here is your issue these kind of programs deletes more than they claim repair. I would not suggest using Glary Utilities i think your issue cause by this utility in first place.

2GvnEq2.gif

#3 CRBlair

CRBlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

Are you using this program to delete registry values if you are here is your issue these kind of programs deletes more than they claim repair. I would not suggest using Glary Utilities i think your issue cause by this utility in first place.

GreeBooter, I tried running gGlary Utilities and CCleaner (analysis only--no changes) and looked at both lists of errors; I saw no reference to Glary utilities in either list. I haven't run the registry cleaner yet (and may not), so I've had no problems. *I do9 wonder, though, which (if any) non-Glary related entries are causing the problem, and why?

Roger Blair

crogerblair@hotmail.com

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:02 AM

Have you uninstall and install the program. CRBlair i can't help you more than this as this kind of programs are not supported by Bleeping Computer.

Edited by FreeBooter, 22 November 2016 - 05:03 AM.

2GvnEq2.gif

#5 CRBlair

CRBlair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

Have you uninstall and install the program. CRBlair i can't help you more than this as this kind of programs are not supported by Bleeping Computer.

FreeBooter, I've un installed and reinstalled Glary. I mentioned the problem here because I wasn't sure whether it was an operating system or not. Since it doesn't seem to be, I'm signing off. thank you for your help, and sorry to send you on a wild-goose chase.

Roger Blair

crogerblair@hotmail.com

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

You are very welcome!

2GvnEq2.gif

#7 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

I've used Glary Utilities for almost ten years... for what it's worth, it is very easy to find support on the official site of the product, because this is a known bug in their program. See how they can help out... Contact them at their support site. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users