Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me get my printer to work on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 karyschmary

karyschmary

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

I have an IBM Infoprint 1116 that is a terrific printer that I would hate to rule out as obsolete. My Windows 7 computer (64 bit) does not have a driver option for this printer, and I do not have the disk with the driver. I have tried to print from the 'MS Publisher Imagesetter', but parts of the page do not print. I have tried many of the other printer selections with no success. Does anyone know know where I can find find a driver that will work for this printer, and how to install it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:37 PM

Hi:

Have you tried a Google search for "IBM Infoprint 1116 driver"?

It turned up several promising links.

CAVEAT: I have not visited any of the links or tried any of the downloads, so I cannot attest to the validity or safety of what you find.  Offered "as is".

Having said that, printers (especially decent inkjets) are quite inexpensive these days.

At some point, you'll probably need to buy a new printer for precisely the reason you posted here: lack of drivers (and support and -- eventually -- cartridges).

Just a thought or two,

MM

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,848 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:20 PM

From my understanding Ricoh purchased the infoprint division of IBM. Ricoh has Universal Drivers for the 1116. For Windows 7 64bit you would need to download and install the three 64bit drivers at the bottom of the page. I would create a System Restore Point before installing these drivers. I would also create a System Repair Disk after creating the System Restore Point.

https://www.infoprint.com/internet/dcfdata.nsf/vwWeb/P4000927

I could not get the driver page to load for the infoprint 1116. You may have better luck.

http://rpp.ricoh-usa.com/support/downloads-drivers

#4 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

Excellent advice, @JohnC_21.

Thanks for providing those helpful, specific links.

MM

#5 karyschmary

karyschmary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

Thank you both @JohnC_21 and @MoxieMomma. Really appreciate your responses.Thanks for the reco on the system store point before i got started, great idea.

I still have quite a bit few toner cartridges left, and they do last me a very long time so i was determined to find a solution.

I called Ricoh a few weeks ago to find out if they knew anything about the printer. The rep told me that the printer was manufactured before they bought it, they were not able to provide me with a working driver. They had also recommended google search, but advised to only click on official sites. I tried the same link you recommended JohnC_21, and also had difficulty with the Ricoh link.  My computer blocked a few other links, so i was not able to download anything.

I did however, find some advice on microsoft blog to use a PCL6 printer driver. i selected a Ricoh one on my computer, and it seems to be working perfectly. Thanks so much for the tips and suggestions. I think i am all set now!

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,848 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

Your Welcome,

Thank you for posting the solution. It will help other people that will search for the same problem. Can you please link to the PCL6 driver you downloaded?

#7 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:35 PM

Hi:

Yes, I'm glad @JohnC_21 was able to point you in the right direction.

TBH I was a little squeamish about even suggesting a Google search for drivers, as I didn't want you to end up with cooties from a wonky site.

One can never be too careful these days, especially when seeking help for older hardware, software and OSs.

Thanks for letting us know how you solved it.

MM

#8 karyschmary

karyschmary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

I selected a driver that was available in my Printer list in 'Add a Printer': Ricoh Aficio MP 1100 PCL6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users