Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can anyone help me empty the IE5 folder?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 KatyD23

KatyD23

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

Hi, JRT keeps finding these files whenever I run a scan. I've posted before, but the problem keeps on coming back. Any knowledge of why these keep turning up would be great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.0.9 (09.30.2016)
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64 
Ran by laptop (Administrator) on 19/11/2016 at  1:16:00.20

File System: 8 

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\laptop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0706F15V (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\laptop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3PIRLCVI (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\laptop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GWNQ5C8B (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\laptop\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\QVFHPWRG (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0706F15V (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3PIRLCVI (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GWNQ5C8B (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\QVFHPWRG (Temporary Internet Files Folder) 

Registry: 0 

Scan was completed on 19/11/2016 at  1:19:27.49
End of JRT log

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,715 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:03 AM

Hello KatyD23

These are not bad and you will repeatedly get 'Temporary Internet Files' as long as you continue to use the Internet.

Here is an explanation of why this happens.

I hope that puts your mind at rest.

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#3 KatyD23

KatyD23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:57 AM

Hi, I know what a temporary internet file is, I was wondering why JRT keeps finding the exact same entries when I haven't visited the same sites, or even when I haven't been on the internet.

#4 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,715 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

Let’s have a look.

Download and run AdwCleaner

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.

• run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan
  • when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean
  • if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
  • on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.

===================================================

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• double-click mb3-setup-1878.1878-3.5.1.2522.exe and follow the prompts to install the program
  • at the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following
    • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    • a 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected: deselect this if you don’t want it, (it won’t diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
  • click Finish.
  • on the Dashboard, click Update Now
  • after the update completes, click the Scan Now' button.
  • if an update is available, clicking the Update Now button will update it
  • a Threat Scan will begin.
  • when the scan is complete, if malware has been detected, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was found
  • when the prompt to restart the computer appears, click Yes.
  • after the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more
  • click on the “History” tab, the “Application Logs”
  • double-click on the scan log which shows the date and time of the scan just performed.
  • click Copy to Clipboard
  • please paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.

Logs to include with the next post:

AdwCleaner log
Mbam.txt

Thanks

Satchfan

My help is always free of charge. If you are happy with the help provided, if you wish you can make a donation to buy me a beer.

#5 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,715 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

Hi KatyD23

It has been several days since I sent my last set of instructions to help with your computer problem.

As I took the time to reply: it would be nice if you could also take the time to reply.

Please let me know if you still need help.

Satchfan

#6 satchfan

satchfan

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,715 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users