The device show up correctly as working but no sound registers at all.
Here's what I've tried:
1) Adjust 'Levels' in recording devices.
2) Disable all effects
3) Try about 5 billion different versions of the realtek driver
4) Make sure windows 10 setting allow microphone sharing
5) Run windows recording device troubleshooter
6) Make sure correct device is default (not hidden, disabled etc)
7) Tried a known working external USB soundcard with exactly the same results.
8) Tested my microphones elsewhere to be sure they're working
9) Gave up, reinstalled windows 10 and then repeated steps 1-8 another million or so times on a clean install.
There doesn't seem to be any other issue, all event logs are error free etc etc.
Anyone got any crazy out of the box type ideas?
At this point if someone suggested that smothering it in peanut butter would help then I'd probably give it a try.
Edited by kev51773, 18 November 2016 - 12:31 PM.