Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer keeps restarting- post reset

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 isaacelihu7

isaacelihu7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

I have a computer with Windows 10 on it. I was resetting it all to defaults, and did not chose to save anything (which is what I thought I wanted at the time). I may have chose to wipe the hard drive completely, by accident. I hadn't know that was what it was going to do at the time.

Here's what it did the first time:

Starts up, HP Logo displays, loading circle appears after 10 seconds or so. Screen goes black and the hp logo appears again, and the loading circle. After a few seconds a error appears saying: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, then restart the installation."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ET7Javion

ET7Javion

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:42 PM

You may have to do a clean install of windows 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users