Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Way to test

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

I find it funny that random people have come forward to PM me to tell me  to ignore you, so that is what I will do. Happy Thanksgiving!  :gathering:

Edited by Trikein, 24 November 2016 - 05:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

Sorry for the late reply I have been away.

In answer to your question yes desktops can have network cards and most do some use the ones in built on the motherboard.

If I where you I'd have some one look at both PC's in the malware section first just to be sure you don't have anything. 

:) 

#18 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:46 AM

Sorry for the late reply I have been away.

In answer to your question yes desktops can have network cards and most do some use the ones in built on the motherboard.

If I where you I'd have some one look at both PC's in the malware section first just to be sure you don't have anything. 

:)

Not a problem.

Yes, I'm doing that now, but I really wanted a definitive way to be able to tell.

Thanks, I'll ask on another forum.

#19 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

Ok no problem but be sure to check you don't have malware first always a first port of call make sure your clean, then on to other things that could cause it.

As for a definitive way to tell I'm afraid no one can just say whats causing lag on another persons pc. It will be a process of illumination, making sure it's not one thing then checking another. There is no one definitive answer till you deduct by process of illumination testing various things. Even your isp will have a procedure of things to check in order.

I hope you get it sorted anyway. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users