Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Hinges repair recomemdation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chen34

chen34

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:03 AM

Hi 

I am new to this forum but i was told that you guys can give me some good advice on computer repair

I have attached the photo of my laptop, Lenovo y40-80 and it  seems that the screw bushing has fallen off the screen casing. And I think that glue is not a solution given that it would be able to hold that amount pressure. 

Therefore, I do not really know what to do with it. I really want to fix it myself if i can.  In addition to that I do not know if getting a new screen comes with new casing? 

Thank you in advance

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:02 AM

The hinge is still firmly attached to the laptop base? Check where the screws go into the case the metal inserts likely pulled out. Is any of the plastic damaged by the inserts? If its just the lcd side of the hinge you can order a new back cover some come with hinges some dont. Unless the lcd is damaged it doesn't need replaced. You can try using 2 part epoxy to secure tbe metal inserts back to the plastic but this doesnt always hold up very well.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users