Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I disable LCore.exe?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erik8bcr

erik8bcr

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:26 AM

I recently bought my new gaming mouse and I installed Logitech gaming software. I already unticked "Run this program when Windows starts" in Logitech gaming software but LCore.exe appear at MSConfig startup list and it was ticked. It seems LCore.exe appear minimized but I don't see Logitech gaming software appear at bottom right taskbar.  Is it an unneccessary program? Should I disable it at MSConfig? If I disable it, will it affect my gaming mouse?

Edited by erik8bcr, 17 November 2016 - 12:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:02 AM

If you want to configure your mouse with the logitech software or use the extended mouse features that the software provides you need it.  Your mouse will work without it though.

On a modern system a small task specific app like this is of no performance concern really... I would leave it.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:03 AM

Then again, if you like the leanest system possible you can disable it... it won't be an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users