Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 10 Memory Leak

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TentenSwift

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I'm quite new, but am also experiencing a nasty memory leak that starts off at 40% and as time goes by on idle with zero programs actively running, eventually go as high as 80-90%.

I have 8gb of RAM and my svchost.exe will be the one that climbs. I've tried doing a google search and changing some aspects of my registries with no success. I also have access to poolmon.exe but am not really understanding what I'm reading. I've set the amount of non-paged pool in my memory to try to bring it down, but am still experiencing issues.

Any insight or suggestions would be fantastic. Not sure what information to provide or where to start. :[ I'm not infected with anything that I am aware of. Malwarebytes hasn't detected anything. This issue hasn't started happening until after a recent update. I didn't pay much mind to it until after it starting crashing my video games with "out of memory" issues.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users