Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Windows 10 Newbie wants to get to c:\$recycle.bin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 westkane

westkane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:10 PM

OK I give up, HELP,  how do I find the folder C:\$recycle.bin?  It is obviously hidden, how do I unhide it, open it and permanently delete some of the files in it that chew up space and some that are suspicious from malware and AV scans?   Thanks a bunch!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/

The above is also for Windows 10. You want to uncheck the box next to hide Protected Operating System Files. You should disable System Restore then enable it again. There may be malware in your System Restore folders.

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 November 2016 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users