Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The relationships between Prime number and Fibonacci number

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theodorenghiem

theodorenghiem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

Dears,
Recently when learning Java programming language, I accidentally found out an interesting relationship between prime number and Fibonacci number.
That is, a positive integer number can be analyzed as either
-          the sum of a prime number and a Fibonacci number
For example
16 = 11 (prime) + 5 (Fibonnaci)
61 = 59 (prime) + 2 (Fibonacci)
-          or a prime number minus a Fibonacci number
For example
59 = 61 (prime) 2 (Fibonacci)
83 = 227 (prime) 144 (Fibonacci)

I have tried with the first 1,000 positive integer number from 1 to 1,000 MANUALLY and ensured that all of them matched with one of the two above rules.

I shared my analyzing here in the excel file with 1,000 positive integer number from 1 to 1,000 with the link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzAetX6K_uyAUXZHQTd5V3ZIa2c/view?usp=sharing

The majority of them belong to the first case are formatted with normal writing. I set the minority cases (the second one where result equals to prime minus Fibonacci) with red and bold [/size]format.

It is perfect if anyone can help me to develop a program to verify this rule with greater number, like 5,000, 10,000 etc.

Mod Edit remove email address

Regards,

Thinh Nghiem

Mod Edit:  Moved from All Other Apps to Programming - Hamluis.

Edited by Al1000, 19 November 2016 - 02:02 AM.
Remove Email address.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:57 AM

May I ask what this is for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users