Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS ANNIVERSARY UPDATE (COMPUTER FREEZING)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bull6791

Bull6791

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

Windows Anniversary Update: my computer keeps freezing because of the windows anniversary update. It freezes up and will only work if you waite 2-3 hours then restart computer. Works fine for a little bit then freezes again.
How do you fix this freezing problem do to windows anniversary update.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

Make sure to install latest versions of all device drive for Windows 10, you can download the latest device drivers from either your computer or device manufacturer website.

Open the Command Prompt by simply holding down the BxVxp04.png + X keys and select the option “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

rS4b5c0.jpg

Type following command:

Sfc  /Scannow

Please tell us if SFC command unable to repair or repaired any corrupted Windows system files.

Check the hard disk for errors by typing following command:

Chkdsk C:  /r

You will be ask to schedule a error checking at next time you reboot your computer accept the error checking by typing Y letter and press Enter key.

Posted Image

#3 Bull6791

Bull6791
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:19 AM

Is there anything else I can do to stop my computer from freezing because of the Windows 10 Anniversary Updated
Let me know
Thanks.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:42 AM

Have any of those commands output any error message did SFC found any corrupted Windows system files?

Perform a  Clean Boot to see if startup programs or services causing the issue.

Uninstall all third party antivirus programs and firewall to see issue resolves.

Posted Image

#5 Bull6791

Bull6791
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:50 AM

FreeBooter: question why are people's computers freezing because of windows 10 Anniversary update. Did this ever happen to you and what did you do.
Also what does Microsoft say to do. Just curious.
FreeBooter thanks for the help. I really appreciate it

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:55 AM

No this does not happen all the time never happen to me or computers i have update to Windows 10 Anniversary.

Because your issue does not happen that often to anyone Microsoft has not release any statement or update to issue you are having.

You are very welcome!

Edited by FreeBooter, 18 November 2016 - 08:55 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Bull6791

Bull6791
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:09 AM

Freeboot: what error messages would I get. Also what is error check you mentioned.
Thanks.

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

You can copy and paste output of the Sfc /Scannow command you can also execute Chkdsk C: command and copy paste the finish output of both commands.

How to Copy text from a command prompt window?

1.Right-click the title bar of the command prompt window, point to Edit, and then click Mark.

2.Click the beginning of the text you want to copy.

3.Press and hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the end of the text you want to copy (or you can click and drag the cursor to select the text).

4.Right-click the title bar, point to Edit, and then click Copy.

5. Right click empty space of your next post and select Paste from the context menu.

6. Click Post button.

Posted Image

#9 pjciii

pjciii

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

what was happening to me was " thread stuck in device driver" from anniversary windows 10 update..drove me nuts. it would boot up slow and freeze during use. I restored back to last good copy. stopped automatic updates and updated all drivers...

patrick

#10 Bull6791

Bull6791
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:59 AM

Patrick
Question: when your computer freezes do you have to wait 2-3 hours before your computer will work again. If computer freezes and i restart it usually does not work. Waiting 2-3 hour makes computer work fine.
Patrick what you explained was happening to your computer sounds like the same thing that is happening to my sisters computer now.
Thanks.

#11 pjciii

pjciii

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

it would freeze up until i got fed up and powered off. if i waited i could go to grocery store and run errands, upon return the computer still frozen. these guys and gals on here are much more computer saavy than i am. So you should listen to them. it took me 3 weeks to work thru this problem and it still doesn't work correctly but operates without freezing.

patrick

#12 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

Bull6791, why haven't you run SFC and Chkdsk like Freebooter said for you to do 8 days ago?  It's hard to help somebody who's not willing to help himself.   :inlove:

FYI, I've installed the anniversary update on 28 desktops and 2 laptops, and not a single one of them has had any problems.

Edited by Niweg, 24 November 2016 - 05:29 PM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users