Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How much should I sell my CPU, Motherboard, and RAM combo?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheUpcomingProspect

TheUpcomingProspect

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

I'm thinking about upgrading to an i5-6600k because my CPU seems to be bottlenecking my GPU(GTX 1070). I have an AMD FX 8350, ASRock Fatal1ty Killer 990fx, and G.SKILL Sniper 8gb (2 x 4gb) 240 pin DDR3 1333. 

Also, which one of these motherboards is the best for i5-6600k? I'm gonna use it for gaming mostly. http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx (Please scroll down to where it shows i5-6600k bundle)

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:29 AM

If you want to upgrade to i5-6600K, you will need to change the memory also. Skylake use DDR4, DDR3 is not compatible. Because the ASRock motherboard is a ATX one, all the ATX except Z170M will fit your case. All of these are good motherboards, through I recommend Gigabyte as they make good mobo and is cheaper here.

For the memory, this is good: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233823

Some cases might support both ATX and mATX, so you can also use mATX motherboard, however I need the model of your case to help you.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users