Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

buy a new laptop looking for advice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Masonw123

Masonw123

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

Laptop 

My budget for the new computer is: 600.00

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc) 

What software do you intend on using on the computer  -  Home Stident 

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?  no
Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it? -   running at same time 

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? yes

Will you be overclocking? no

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices? - Staples. com , Best buy.com

How many monitors are you planning to use? 1

Do you need peripherals? OS? windows 10

Any particular reason why you are upgrading? laptop i have now is 8 years old

lap top 1 i am looking at

Product Details

Get the features you need without the big price tag from this value-priced laptop: dependable processing power, good memory, lots of storage, an attractive display, and integrated graphics.

·         AMD A6-7310 processor

·         8GB DDR3L RAM memory

·         1TB HDD storage

·         Windows 10 operating system pre-installed

·         15.6" HD display

·         AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

·         10/100M Ethernet

·         802.11 ac WiFi connectivity

·         Ports: 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Ethernet (RJ-45), 1 x Card Reader, 1 x Power DC jack, 1 x 3.5mm combo audio jack

·         Li-Polymer 3-cell (24Wh) battery; up to 3 hours video playback

·         Dimensions: 14.89" x 10.43" x 0.90", 4.85 lb

·         1-Year Warranty

Laptop 2 i am looking at 

thank you for your help

Edited by Masonw123, 16 November 2016 - 02:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

Did you read this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226685/how-to-use-this-forum-and-receive-advice-on-purchasing-a-new-computer/

Also, I would JUST post the Link to the pc's that you are interested in, and not every spec here in the Post, this will take up less space.  You can always edit that first post if you like...up to 24hrs.

That looks like a fine laptop although my knowledge is only that of a home user.  I've tried many A6 included laptops and they perform very well, and the Lenovo's aren't too bad from what I can see.  I prefer the Dell's and maybe some of the upper end HP's, like the ones that include at least an i3 CPU.  I don't like the Lenovo TouchPad's very well, don't know if it is just the ones I've tried or all Lenovo's.  The Dell and the HP's, ones I mentioned work better IMO.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users