Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook - Sharing Calendar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fitzy04

fitzy04

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:09 AM

I think I already know the answer but I would like to verify...

I have a user (we'll call her User 1) that has access to another user's (we'll call him User 2) mailbox and calendar. User 1 has User 2's mailbox and calendar set up already in Outlook. So User 1 has their own mailbox/calendar and I went in to User 1's Outlook on their computer, went to their calendar, and used the "Open Calendar - From Address Book" to add User 2's calendar to User 1's Outlook. User 1 can see all of User 2's calendar items (appointments, meetings, etc).

My question: Is there any way to set Outlook to remind User 1 of any of User 2's calendar items? For example, User 2 has a meeting at 2:00 today. User 1 can now see that but is there a way to have that pop up on User 1's computer as a reminder (just like how User 1's reminders pop up on their own computer when Outlook is running)?

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)

Outlook 2013

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

You can set it up so User 1 receives notifications/reminders from User2's calendar. User1 should be able to do this in Outlook in the Properties of the shared calendar.

Edited by sflatechguy, 19 November 2016 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users