Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Unidentified Network" - No Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amandarin_Orange

Amandarin_Orange

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:04 AM

My computer will not connect to the internet. This has happened before and in the past, I noticed that the time and date had reverted to factory settings. So I changed it and I was able to access the internet. That was Sunday night. However, the next morning I tried to use my internet and there was a little yellow triangle symbol with an exclamation mark. I tried the usual things; reboot the computer, disconnecting and reconnecting and was having no luck. I then tried turning off the router and turning it back on with no success. I deduced that it was something wrong with my computer, not the network, as I was connecting fine to the wireless from my phone. I started looking for solutions online. When accessing the Control Panel and looking at "Network and Sharing" I could see the wireless signal strength was "excellent" but for some reason it was reading as an unidentified network. When observing the properties of this network I saw that it said "Ipv4 Connectivity" was labeled as "limited" (as was Ipv6 Connectivity).

In the Device Manager under Network adapters, there was a listing called "Microsoft 6to4" and it was not working properly. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It is now working properly, but is hidden and there was no change. All drivers are up to date. I also attempted to uninstall and reinstall The Netgear application but that also did nothing. I tried nearly all the solutions provided by this site (http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/fix-unidentified-network-and-no-network-access-in-windows-7/) with no success. I tried resetting the TCP/IP in a command prompt but received an error message when attempting to input: netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

I have a Hp w1907, using Windows Vista. My wireless device is NETGEAR WPN311 Smart Wizard. I am very frustrated and any help would be very welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Amandarin_Orange

Amandarin_Orange
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:26 AM

The problem has been fixed with a frustratingly simple solution. 

#3 opera

opera

• Members
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:09 AM

The problem has been fixed with a frustratingly simple solution. 

..you cannot just post that and leave us hanging :)

Do tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users