Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Win10 cannot use wifi adapters.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AaReem

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:43 PM

I've had this problem for quite some time (5+ months) and am now looking for some advice. I have had problems with connectivity through wifi in the past, so I bought a new wifi adapter. The problem still existed, but would eventually go away for short periods of time. I had a major problem with it and started using ethernet (worked great). I moved my PC where it is not in range of the ethernet and used my adapter for a while and it worked on and off. Now It will not work much at all, giving me the connected (no internet signal). I know both adapters are functioning as I used them on another PC. The wireless works for everyone else in the household also. I was wondering if this could be a motherboard problem? Sorry, didn't know where else to go for some information! Thank you!

Netgear router ( I don't believe this is the issue, as it will work for every other device in the home.)

Network adapter: N300 USB 

I have received this error: Code: 2 0xDEADDEED 0xEEEC

pinging my ip : sent: 4 received: 2 (50% loss)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,058 posts
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 08:27 PM

Windows 10 has had an excessive amount of wifi connectivity issues and I doubt it's your motherboard.

What is the make and model of the USB wifi adapter? Right click it in Device Manager, Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware IDs. Copy and Paste the first line into your next post.

People have posted their wifi no longer dropped when disabling the Ethernet Adapter in Device Manager when connecting via Wifi. For some reason Windows 10 has problems when both adapters, Ethernet and Wifi, are enabled. 

There is a Utility called Windows Repair. Run it and only select Network Repair. Reboot your computer.

#3 AaReem

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

I use a Netgear WNA3100 n300 Wireless USB Adapter and a Belkin N300 USB Network Adapter.

I tried to disable the ethernet, which appears as PCIe GBE Family Controller. This did not fix the problem, I will try the Windows Repair now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users