Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HD not showing, plus no drives found, and PC Recovery Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BrandonMB

BrandonMB

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

Hello just to start by saying I'm nearly completely new to the more in depth situation I've ran into now so please take it easy on me lol. To start with I have a Sony Vaio Model SVE151D11L that had a Hitachi TravelStar 5K750 HD and it began clicking and would randomly shut down on me and the computer was a GREAT one I've had for years and no probs so I decided being I had a ASUS Model D550MA that wasn't so great maybe I could swap hard drives in which I did. I deleted all the partitions on each of them and the HD out of the Vaio I reinstalled into the Asus and reinstalled Windows 10 and got everything updated and it works fine, but when I try to reinstall Windows 10 on the Vaio with the HD out of Asus when I go into BIOS mode it says no HD is found and when I load straight up it'll say Operating System Not Found or Blue Screen Error for PC needs to be repaired and I need the Windows disc or USB. Now if I boot from External from the BIOS and it actually will load and I get to install part of Windows 10 it says it can't load any drives and none show in the list. Also something strange is if I go into Command Prompt it's listed as X:Sources then whatever you type so I'm not really sure what's going on. If anyone has ANY idea or help please let me know and TY.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,275 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:19 PM

Sounds to me...as if the hard drive originally in the Vaio...has problems.  Moving it from System 1 to System 2...won't cure such.

Louis

#3 BrandonMB

BrandonMB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

Oh no I moved the one from the Vaio which was clicking into the Asus which is now working no prob but the one from the Asus which worked no probs I moved to Vaio and now is having all the probs.

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:33 AM

A clicking drive usually doesnt get better , but as you say it works in the Asus so run some drive checks just to make sure anyways.

If that drive did have issues in the Sony Vaio , and the Asus Drive also doesnt get detected in the Vaio then it may be a Power Issue to the Drive or the Motheboard has an issue on the Vaio.

First step would be to see if you can run a Linxu Distro - Live Disc { Dload an ISO } burn to Disc and boot from it on the Vaio = Post Result ?

Others may assist further and guide you to finding the issue if the Linux Live Disc didnt work.

Edited by Havachat, 16 November 2016 - 03:36 AM.

#5 BrandonMB

BrandonMB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

Ty for for letting me know, and today I did redo some stuff and rechecked the Vaio and found out that the reason was I had rescrewed the screws in too far on the HD and it caused it to come out and not connect completely so after I loosened the screws everything is working and I got Win 10 reinstalled and everything back up to date and now it's got a good connection. As for the checking disk part I am wondering what is the best disk checking program to use to ensure that the HD's are working properly and nothing is messed up? Thanks in advance.

#6 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:29 AM

Probably a Tool / Program from the Manufacturer of the Hardisk you have .

Or you could try also GSmartControl  http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net/home/

The Short test should be enough , but if any issues arise then run the Full Scan { Takes a While }

I dont interpret the Results given , but post if neeeded and someone can go over them for you.

#7 BrandonMB

BrandonMB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users