Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer boots up to a black screen for a minute or two

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Hey all,

Recently, My computer will turn on, I'll log in and then it will load up to my desktop. After a minute or two of loading everything up, the screen will turn black with a spinning cursor wheel signifying i's loading something. This will continue for about a minute then it will go back to the desktop and work like normal. My video card drivers are at the latest update so it's hopefully not that. The computer is relatively new (2 - 3 months). It started doing this a couple of weeks ago but I don't have a clue as to what may of triggered it.

Current System:

CPU: AMD FX-6350

GPU GTX 750 Ti

RAM: 8GB

Any ideas?

#EDIT: To add to the list of problems, my computer now restarts randomly (tried to stream a movie through UltraViolet but it loaded then restarted)

Edited by Planemaster2, 15 November 2016 - 01:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:12 PM

Random restarts are normally heat or power related.

What is your power supply?

#3 Planemaster2

Planemaster2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:49 PM

Random restarts are normally heat or power related.

What is your power supply?

My PSU is rated at 500W but I'm not sure about temperature. I have overclocked my GPU a little bit (core clock = +160 memory clock = +260) but the temperature only goes up when I'm playing games. The computer just restarted through streaming a film I redeemed from UltraViolet. I've also run a Windows Memory Diagnostic in case my RAM might be an issue but it's OK according to it.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

If you over clocked and have issues the first step would be to restore to factory settings and see if the problem goes away.

The power supply is more than the recommended 300w, so it probably isn't your issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users