Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen resolution

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 freeroger

freeroger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

any idea why my screen resolution keeps changing to the recommended setting. i adjust it to my desired setting, shortly after i hear a bleep sound and it has reset to recommended setting.  HP desktop.  appreciate any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:25 AM

LCD Monitors display images much better at native resolution. Native resolution is also the maximum resolution an LCD screen can display. It uses all of the pixels in the LCD screen exactly as it was engineered. Windows using your LCD monitor native resolution which been reported by the LCD Monitor.

Posted Image

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:01 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Are you trying to set the resolution higher or lower than the recommended resolution?

Why are you trying to change the resolution?

#4 freeroger

freeroger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

i am using a 55in tv as a monitor , it is 15 feet away and the resolution i try to use makes it easier to  read.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

You should be using the native resolution and use other methods to make things larger.  For example you can hold down the CTRL key and use the mouse scroll to change the size of the icons on the desktop, this also works for web browsers, and the Microsoft Office products.

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:03 PM

You can change the text size if that wont help you can set a custom scalling level, both can be configured from Control Panel --> Display.

Edited by FreeBooter, 16 November 2016 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users