Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Solution for windows 8.1 black window of death (Pc dont boot, not even usb/dvd)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Funkman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

So its been 4 days of madness but i figured it out ! 

I tried this on a notebook and it worked, so i think the same will ocuur on a desktop

Guys you need to open your cpu/notebook (if its a notebook be ready for a nightmare jeje check some youtube videos about HOW TO DO IT ! if you dont ever do it, PLEASE WATCH SOME YOUTUBE VIDEOS ! cause you can break some really tiny parts 

Now, say you manage to open it, remove the battery (its a clock battery) and then remove the HDD, and RAM (if you got  two modules of them,remove one, switch the other,)

(i dont have to say that you should remove all the things conected right ? (usb drives, etc ) 

Ok so, the thing works like this : Theres something called UEFI (google it ) you need to change that. in order to do that you need to acces the bios ( BUT THE MACHINE WONT TURN, I KNOW ) that means in order to reset your bios you need to do it the hard way 

Once you disamble the parts let it rest for 5-10 min and reasable, TURN ON and .. MAGIC ! your pc is gonna ask you to press f1 to continue or f2 to configure your "new bios" ... 

Now, the easy part : you go into the bios and (depending on your bios model ) you go to the "securiy" and select LEGACY mode 

This would allow you to boot from a cd/dvd (windows "x" version or boot cd (hirens, rescue disk )

Attached File  legacyboot.jpg   64.98KB   0 downloads

Hope it helps ! Good luck ! 

(sorry for my crappy english ) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users