I hope this post finds you well. I have an MSI GT783 laptop that keeps restarting during use at random times and giving me an Event ID 41 code in event viewer. It is definitely not overheating. I have watched in HWMonitor as it has restarted and CPU temps do not go over 60c and GPU temps over 35c. There is no BSOD, just like someone flips a switch and it powers off and restarts. This problem has been going on for almost a year now.
Here are my specs:
• Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Processor • Genuine Windows® 10 64bit • 17.3" Full HD Anti-reflective Display (16:9; 1920 x 1080) • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M discrete graphics (DDR5 2.0GB VRAM) • Accelerated performance with MSI TDE Technology • Full-color programmable backlit keyboard by SteelSeries • MSI Cooler Boost Technology • Dynaudio Premium Speakers w/ Subwoofer • 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD(7200 RPM) • 16GB DDR3 system memory • Blu-ray Disc burner • USB 3.0 for high speed data transfer • HDMI 1.4 (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) output • Built-in 720p HD webcam • Built-in 802.11b/g/n WLAN Card
Here is the Event Log and also attached.
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Critical 11/14/2016 6:50:19 AM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power 41 (63) The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
What I have done so far
1. Swapped RAM and MemTest all RAM (checked good)
2. Swapped SSD Drives (problem persists on new install drive)
3. Booted from USB Linux Drive (no restart under this condition)
4. Booted in Safe Mode without battery attached (no restart under this condition)
5. Booted normally without AC Adapter connected, battery only (no restart under this condition)
6. Disabled Fast Boot (problem still persists)
7. Removed Slave HDD (problem still persists)
8. Reinstalled frest Windows on OS Drive (problem still persists)
Seems like the restart happens under Normal Boot Conditions and with or without battery attached. I can run Linux forever on a USB drive and there is no restart. Same thing in Safe Mode.
Can someone help point me in the right direction? This is driving me crazy!