Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ACCIDENTALY PERMANENTLY DELETED FILES

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:14 PM

Hello forum,

This is urgent i accidentallly deleted the files from my external hard drive and i need them back is there any way i cazn recover them?? Please this is urgent

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:32 PM

Do not write anything to the external drive. Download and install Recuva and scan the external. Do not copy the files Recuva finds back to the external drive. Copy them to your internal drive.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:39 PM

As JohnC said, however, you can also use the free portable version of MiniTools Power Data Recovery as a 2nd try if you like.

Edited by RolandJS, 14 November 2016 - 01:39 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:00 PM

Do not write anything to the external drive. Download and install Recuva and scan the external. Do not copy the files Recuva finds back to the external drive. Copy them to your internal drive.

im confused, do not copy which files to where? where/who is my internal hard drive?

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:12 PM

Detach the external drive. Install Recuva. Attach your USB external drive. Run Recuva and scan the drive. Recuva will list files it finds. When recovering the files do not copy them back to the external drive. Always copy files you are recovering to a different drive.

Before attempting the recovery please read the guide.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/recuva-quick-start

If recuva cannot find your files use the program suggested by RolandJS. It will let you recover up to 1GB for free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/review/data-recovery/minitools-power-data-recovery-review/

#6 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

oh, but they are about 700GBs or more.....

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

oh, but they are about 700GBs or more.....

Then you might have to purchase MiniTools Power Data Recovery or something similar.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

Then you need to use Recuva if you do not want to purchase a program or there is PhotoRec but it recovers files with generic names and does it in real time so the drive recovering the files must have enough free space. If your internal drive does not have an extra 700GBs or more of free space you will need to purchase a new external drive and recover the files to it. 

If you tried to copy files back to the external drive you are recovering from it would corrupt files that still have not been recovered because windows could write back the recovered files to the location of the deleted files that have yet to be recovered. Never copy files back to the device you are recovering from.

#9 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

Then you need to use Recuva if you do not want to purchase a program or there is PhotoRec but it recovers files with generic names and does it in real time so the drive recovering the files must have enough free space. If your internal drive does not have an extra 700GBs or more of free space you will need to purchase a new external drive and recover the files to it. 

If you tried to copy files back to the external drive you are recovering from it would corrupt files that still have not been recovered because windows could write back the recovered files to the location of the deleted files that have yet to be recovered. Never copy files back to the device you are recovering from.

i think i get you, well im using Recuva but its still at 0% and it says there are 479 803 files its been there for a while maybe 30 minutes

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

From time to time, Windows 10 creates point-in-time copies of your files. This allows you to retrieve older versions from files you accidentally deleted or altered. You can use ShadowExplorer to browse system restore points and restore any deleted files.

Posted Image

#11 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

From time to time, Windows 10 creates point-in-time copies of your files. This allows you to retrieve older versions from files you accidentally deleted or altered. You can use ShadowExplorer to browse system restore points and restore any deleted files.

i use home edition i think, its not listed there

#12 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:27 PM

It does not matter you can use this program on Windows 10 and on any edition of Windows 10.

Posted Image

#13 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:39 AM

sorry but i do not know how to use shadow explorer it only works for the C drive when i put G drive (external hard drive), nothing shows up and idk how to use it

#14 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:15 AM

Detach the external drive. Install Recuva. Attach your USB external drive. Run Recuva and scan the drive. Recuva will list files it finds. When recovering the files do not copy them back to the external drive. Always copy files you are recovering to a different drive.

Before attempting the recovery please read the guide.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/recuva-quick-start

If recuva cannot find your files use the program suggested by RolandJS. It will let you recover up to 1GB for free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/review/data-recovery/minitools-power-data-recovery-review/

oh think your softwaree works now, there is insuficient disk space where am i to load it? It ssays i need 500+ and i only have 480+

#15 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:01 AM

the thing is that these softwares do not load my downloads like they were organized at the begining and they mix everything up right? and it asks for a lot more space right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users