Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android or iOS? What is better for my needs?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 antoniu200

antoniu200

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:27 AM

Hi! I'm willing to chnage my phone after 2 long years (Ascend Y530) and I was thinking about an iPhone 5S, certanly not new, but there are some shops in my town that sell these devices for 125-170$. Android served my well, and I have managed to find some good Android phones, loke an AllView with 2GB of RAM and a octa core processor.

My needs are: to game well, the OS to look as good as possible (like iOS 6 did, I did do some research and found out that jailbroken devices can get iOS 6's look), the battery to not drop .20%/minute (1% in 5 minutes) and to do some experiments, like the jailbreaking is (iOS) or replace the ROM (Android).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rajput

Rajput

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

I would suggest you to go with iPhone mainly because of reliability.

#3 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:28 AM

I would suggest you to go with iPhone mainly because of reliability.

Then how would an iPhone 5S do? Is the battery good enough to last me 2 hours of video watching and still have 70-80%? Does it last 1 hour of games (CSR Racing 2, Nitro Nation, CSR Racing, CSR Classics)?

Edited by antoniu200, 22 November 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#4 IamEaton

IamEaton

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

I bought an iPhone 5S a few days ago. 720p video at half screen brightness seems to tax the battery very little, with only 3% disappearing in half an hour.

#5 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

I bought an iPhone 5S a few days ago. 720p video at half screen brightness seems to tax the battery very little, with only 3% disappearing in half an hour.

Wow! That's pretty good! That's my choice, then.

#6 adoriasoft

adoriasoft

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

Android is more flexible and user friendly, you can install so many apps as you want on it. I like it and do not wish to change it on iOS

#7 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:00 PM

Android is more flexible and user friendly, you can install so many apps as you want on it. I like it and do not wish to change it on iOS

I have used Android tablets and phones since 2013, I think that after doing tons of experiments on my tablets and phones (rooting, modding apps with Lucky Patcher, custom ROMing and such) I know how good Android is.

As for iOS, I have used iOS 3 or 4 on an iPhone 3GS since 2011-2014, but didn't do any true experiments on it. So, I don't really have a lot of experience with it iOS, that's why I'm asking. I was thinking about a Huawei P8 Lite, or some HTC device, but I eventually, after the upper recommendations, ordered an iPhone 5S. I mean, such battery life? My Huawei Ascend Y530, that I'm using to write this, drops at least 10% after 30 minutes of video at lowest brightness possible (night time, understandable why at minimum brightness). So, 3% at 30 minutes of video is extremely low for me and impossible to reach for my Huawei. And I like how the iPhone looks, and it delivers more experiment possibilities. But that don't mean I sell my Huawei, I'll still keep it and do experiments on it, but my day-to-day phone will be the iPhone. I only wish Apple had kept that old-styled home button.

#8 adoriasoft

adoriasoft

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:55 AM

Oh well, I see. I am glad you like your new phone. If the only problem you see in your battery, well for different Androids have different battery life. I have 4500mAh battery on my current Android, and I am more than satisfied! I watch films, videos and it is enough for me. 

As for iPhone design, I fully agree with you, it looks nice!

In any case, I am glad you found a solution.

#9 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

I know that different Android phones have different battery life. I have had 3 Android tablets since 2013 and they all have had different battery lives. And it's pretty logical as well.

About iPhone's look, the iPhone 8 will destroy everything in the look, so I'll return to Huawei and Vonino phones after the iPhone 5S is useless.

#10 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

Hello,You should pick an iPhone,especially if it is a used phone we are talking about,they are just more reliable and stable than android phones :notme:

#11 antoniu200

antoniu200
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hello,You should pick an iPhone,especially if it is a used phone we are talking about,they are just more reliable and stable than android phones :notme:

Please read what I said above.

#12 holyblack

holyblack

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

either iPhone or android phone we can choose as for depending on our needs. 

#13 deveauwelle32

deveauwelle32

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:53 AM

It depends on your need, every system has its advantages and disadvantages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users