Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone know any good Automatic Driver Install software?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TOMIS13LACK

TOMIS13LACK

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

Windows update seems to miss a lot and i would like a program (hopefully portable. If not, it doesnt matter) that i can use to automatically install drivers. Anyone know any?

ooh, i have a signature

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:26 AM

Dont use Windows for your drivers to update , can be hit / miss at times.

If you PC is running fine , then why Update them ? { If it aint Broke - leave it }.

If you must Update any Drivers - Then use the Manufacturers Website to do so , for Mobo / GPU / Wifi Card / etc.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

Programs that monitor your drivers will find all sorts of drivers that "they" believe should be replaced.  The problem is that these drivers may not need to be replaced, and the drivers they suggest may or may not (usually) be those from the computer's manufacturer.  It's a great idea, but it doesn't work.

If you have a device which seems to have a problem open the Device Manager and see if the is a yellow warning icon or red error icon next to any of the devices.  If there are any click on the device, then double click on the device, then click on the Driver tab.  Uninstall the driver, when you restart the computer a new driver will be installed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users