Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Igneos

Igneos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:49 PM

Hi peeps!

I'm in the IT, hardware mostly. And for the last 14 years, I've been hacked. Since I hang out with people in IT branch, I'm suspecting one of my "friends" is a psychopath.

My "problems" are mostly of the annoying nature. My mouse moving, left and right click being changed, dvd drive opening and closing and such. Not a dime was stolen from me. The thing is, I can't find out how he does it. I'm usually on windows, so I suspected the usual, picked up something malicous on some web, but my computer ends up clean with what ever i scan it with. To make things stranger, my problems continued even on linux. To make things even more stranger, my problems continued even after I sold my entire PC and bought a new one. Then another one. Then another one. For the last ****** 14 years this has been going on. You are reading text from the world champion at reinstalling OS's. I became paranoid, and started even drinking some pills because of this sycho. Anyway, since I'm fairly knowledgable in hardware, and talked to a lot of people about this, I have narrowed down the problem to that this is a virus written specifically for me, and it's in my BIOS. I have tried flashing my bios, but in modern computers, you can't pick the bios update to erase it entirely and overwrite it, it usually just does a portion of it, and the virus must cleverly be concealed in the other portion. I can't find a virus scanner to scan bios, and I still have no clue how he infects me in the first place. Nobody but me and my dad has physicall access to my pc. But my dad is like 70 and doesn't know squat about PC's.

I need some kind of tool to get rid of this. Any suggestions?

Edited by Igneos, 13 November 2016 - 03:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users