Need your opinion on two machines and how they can be made more secure by analyzing respective users' online behavior.
HW Specs: AMD A8 5550M w/ 8G ram [resource utilization is not a concern]
OS: Win 10 (build 10586.633)
- 1. Kaspersky IS (daily scan, customized setting)
- 2. Sophos free for backup scanning (weekly scan)
- 3. Bitdefender/Dr.Web image burnt on USB if I'm feeling paranoid enough
Browser Add-on: Ghostery, adblock-plus, https everywhere, track me not request, few bells and whstles to show website's location and IP, Goosgle analytics opt out.
[Vivaldi runs without any add-ons, it is used for those websites which do not play nicely with ABP]
Online Transaction: Yes, with Kaspersky Safe Money
Password Manager: Norton Identity Safe
Torrent: Yes, with VPN
- Level 1--> Kaspersky Safe Money's private window
- Level 2--> private window in VPN
Riskier sites: No, but use Linux OS if need be..
VPN: yes, Cyberghost and SecurityKISS
HW Specs: i3 w/ 3G ram [resource utilization is a concern]
OS: Win 10
- 1. ESET Smart Security (customized setting)
- 2. Emsisoft Anti Malware (realtime protection turned off, monthly scan)
Browser Add-on: WOT
Online Transaction: No, uses Machine 1
Password Manager: No
Torrent: Previously Yes.
Shady sites: Yes
Riskier sites: No
I have another machine but it uses linux with customized iptables/firewalld settings, bitdefender for unices as on-demand scanner and SElinux enforced. So that's pretty much secure.
The user for Machine 2 is too reluctant to secure her digital footstep, as it requires "TOO MUCH" user intervention. Can Machine 2 be set up as 'Set it & Forget it' ?
Please post your thoughts and opinions separately for these two machines..