Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc wont boot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anfieldmods

anfieldmods

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

Hi newbie here,

after a recent update from ms my pc will not boot up. All it does is hang there with all fans spinning,and noted the power light on the front is dim.

Ive removed everything and retried and swapped everything i can with a spare pc and still no go,incidentally all my stuff works in the other pc.

Ived cleared the cmos using the jumper method and swapped the battery so would it be possible the board has quit.

The pc is a hp pavillion p6 2442ea running the 

H-Joshua-H61-uATX  

motherboard specs are core i3 1tb and 6gb ram cant really get any other specs as it wont come on.

As i say the weirdest thing is the power light on the front is usually bright blue but its a dull blue.

Any help would be great and thans in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

Hi newbie here,

Spoiler

Any help would be great and thans in advance. 

Whether it starts from outside DVD, USB stick, card, etc.?
If so, then you can improve or do a clean installation, preserving the personal documents and other data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users